We are putting together plans to bring the chapter back into activity.
To do this, we have first chosen to offer a free personal development on-line course. It is called "Launching Leaders." The course gives you practical tools and covers topics that include three main areas:
1. identifying and developing your core values--those things that are most important to you at this time in your life;
2. putting together a simple, but effective plan that includes goals for these values and activities to reach those goals; and
3. finding and working with mentors.
To learn more about the course, you can go to llworldwide.org. More than 2,000 people have already taken the course.
The course is also offered to individuals through the BYU Independent Study Program, but we have found that it is most effective when taken in a group where you can learn from others as well as your own thoughts. Taking the course together as Management Society members can begin to help us establish a network of like-minded individuals who support moral and ethical leadership and help each other with their careers.
The course will take five weeks and you will be expected to do the following each week:
1. read the assigned on-line material and do the exercises;
2. turn in an assignment to the course facilitator; and
3. participate in a weekly Zoom meeting where the assignments are shared and discussed.
The time required for each week will be 1 hour for items 1 & 2--and one hour for item 3.
We will be starting the course during the latter part of February 2021.
If you want more information and how to register for the course, please contact our chapter email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 15th, 2021.