In this talk, Laura will tell us of her career path as a biostatistician, including knowing nothing about biostatistics or what a PhD is to managing to get a PhD in biostatistics. She will talk about the current state of the pandemic and state of scientific progress in combating COVID-19. She'll review the history of infectious diseases and exciting progress we have made in decreasing the burden of infectious diseases in society. In spite this progress, and even before the current pandemic, infectious diseases remain a significant challenge. The pandemic has only made this more apparent.
Professor of Biostatistics,
Laura F White grew up in New Mexico and Utah. She received her bachelor's degree in math and statistics from Utah State University and PhD in biostatistics from Harvard University. She joined the Department of Biostatistics at Boston University in 2006 as a faculty member where she continues to work. Her research focuses on substance use disorders and infectious diseases, including influenza, …
Laura F White grew up in New Mexico and Utah. She received her bachelor's degree in math and statistics from Utah State University and PhD in biostatistics from Harvard University. She joined the Department of Biostatistics at Boston University in 2006 as a faculty member where she continues to work. Her research focuses on substance use disorders and infectious diseases, including influenza, tuberculosis, and more recently COVID-19. She lives in Arlington, Massachusetts with her husband and three kids.
CCS Growth Partners
Sr. Managing Partner
Managing Partner: Responsible for driving overall vision and direction at the corporate and portfolio level, while driving transactions and capital raising activities.
• Developed parameters for an investment thesis to guide through the acquisition process.
• Drive deal-flow and deal screening to identify targets to acquire through M&A activities.
• Perform various tasks such as financial and buyout modeling, valuation, calls with brokers and sellers, issuing IOI’s and LOI’s, due diligence, etc.
• Conduct financial, qualitative, and market due diligence and analysis.
• Raise capital from institutional investors for debt and equity for the buyouts.
• Develop leaders through rigorous coaching and training with particular focus on visioneering the company through a financial and leadership scorecard.
• Build customized financial models for each portfolio company to analyze for IRR’s, MOIC and other metrics along with increased efficiency, standardization, and insights into the full financial picture of the company.
• Strategize with management and investors to help maximize valuation and exit through organic and acquisition growth.
• Facilitate and drive the budgeting process to ensure margin control and management accountability is achieved.
• Drive the growth through acquisition strategy.
Vice President of Technology